My latest cards. The first one is for my daughter’s co-worker’s birthday using a die that looks like a postage stamp. The other one is for my best friend (of well over 40 years!), a “just because” card that’s sparkly all over. Our motto is “Through Thick and Thin,” I’m thick, she’s thin (I’ve always struggled to lose weight, her struggle is to gain it), so I was tickled when Dawn discovered a package of stickers with this one in it.
I started with sparkly orange card stock and added the center square of watercolor paper colored with watercolor pencils. I used a paintbrush and a little water to blend it, then splattered metallic watercolors all over. At first I thought it looked a bit too much like blood, but then, she’s a phlebotomist, so it fits. haha! I inked the edges with orange and yellow and added a few rub-on butterflies and gems.
I even wrote a 3-page letter to my BFF. We were fierce letter-writers back in the days before email and texting, and I still have a bunch of them stored away. I told her I missed seeing her beautiful handwriting; I’m hoping she’ll write me back.
- airaloveo reblogged this from craftdiscoveries
- airaloveo likes this
- made-with-music likes this
- xosimplychanelox likes this
- pookascrayon likes this
- coraleene likes this
- hegian likes this
- housekath reblogged this from craftdiscoveries
- summerltdedition likes this
- superpaaaaam likes this
- craftdiscoveries reblogged this from iamdawt
- titancia said: We also discovered a new love of those sparkly stickers!
- marjoree said: I have one of those friends! I’m thick & she’s thin. :) Pretty cards.
- iamdawt posted this